The mission of TeachPhilosohy101 is to enhance undergraduate student learning in introductory philosophy courses by providing strategies and resources to faculty members and teaching assistants. TΦ101 follows these guidelines:
- TΦ101 focuses primarily on enhancing Introduction to Philosophy courses, but also serves as a resource to all who are interested in teaching and learning in higher education.
- TΦ101 is provided as a free resource to the academic community and carries no advertising.
- TΦ101 provides open-source materials, available for copying and use free of charge under the conditions specified by the license.
- TΦ101 is user-friendly, providing short summary pages with links and references to more detailed material.
- TΦ101 seeks contributed material from anyone in the field who has a sincere interest in helping students learn philosophy (decisions about what to post on TΦ101 are the sole responsibility of the director).
- TΦ101 summary pages reflect the point of view of the director and the staff, and also include references, sources and materials representing a wide range of perspectives.
TΦ101 was developed with the generous support of a sabbatical leave from Villanova University. The content of TΦ101 is not specifically endorsed by the University. The TΦ101 advisory board acts as a resource for the Director, but the content of the site is solely the decision of the Director,
Update: June 16, 2012